Peace is something that every home needs more of. Whether you have children that are prone to squabbling, your marriage faces frequent struggles or personally your heart is not at peace where God has you in this moment. There is likely some part of your life that needs the peace that only God can give.
These are reasons why I’m on this journey.
I am prone to worry. My kids can either be each other’s best friend or their worst enemy. Often I’m not at peace with where God has me and my marriage still faces struggles 12 years later.
I need peace. My family needs peace. Our home needs peace.
God has been working on cultivating peace in my life and home by focusing on the importance of patience and being an example to my family. This journey has not been easy, but it has just begun and God’s not done working on me yet.
While we continue striving to be both patient and example to our families, the next step on our journey towards A Season of Joy will require us to slow down.
Having a peaceful home doesn’t happen just because you are pursuing it. The entire family needs to be working together to bring peace to your home. I encourage you take time to include them in this journey towards A Season of Joy with you by using at least one of the family activities from each step.
How to Pursue Peace in Your Home
You can cultivate peace in your home by being attentive to your family.
Often times moms are busy multitasking and we don’t realize that by doing so we’re more impatient and less peaceful when our children or our spouse want to talk to us.
We need to take time to stop what we’re doing and pay attention to our family members. By being attentive we’ll be more peaceful and patient personally and our children will be more peaceful and patient with us when we do need to focus on tasks and get things done.
* Ensure that each family member is attentive to each other when they talk to each other. You can do so by either stopping what you’re doing when someone wants to talk to you or by setting aside a time in the near future to talk together.
* Read Matthew 19:13-15 as a family and discuss how we can be more attentive to each other by following Jesus’ example
* Play a game of charades to see who is more attentive
Grab a Free Charades Game here
As you pursue peace throughout this journey remember that true peace can only come from God above. If you desire His peace, you must diligently seek Him. I’m praying that God will grant you a peaceful home, which truly is a desire of every mother’s heart.
If you’d like more encouragement, tips and prayer for this journey, I would love to have you join me on a journey to A Season of Joy in my private Facebook group.
You Might Also Like...
Latest posts by Misty Leask (see all)
- Empathy is Important to Your Family - November 23, 2017
- The Key to a Loving Family - November 22, 2017
- The Importance of Being Optimistic with Your Family - November 21, 2017