Welcome to Calendar School!
Each month I will be sharing links to FREE internet resources to use to create fun, learning studies for special holiday and/or historical events.
Below you will find links to FREE resources for special holidays and/or historical events that happened in the month of May.
May 4th-Star Wars Day is May the Fourth, because of a famous quote from the hugely popular science fiction series blockbuster is “May the Force (Fourth) be with you”
Watch any of the great Star Wars movies
Better still, have a Star Wars marathon, and watch two or three (or 4) of them.
Get out your laser sword and practice for the next invasion from the Evil Empire.
Send a Star Wars day Ecard- of course they have them!
Have a Star Wars costume party.
Learn some Star Wars Trivia, there’s no shortage.
May 5th-Cinco de May
- Here is a great Thematic Unit of Study from Apples 4 The Teacher. (Y, E)
- Enjoy a week of delicious Mexican dishes with these tasty recipes.
- Lots of great Mexican activities at DLTK (P-K, Y, E)
May 25th-Memorial Day is dedicated to service men and women who gave their lives for freedom and country.
- There is a plethora of worksheets, coloring pages, and even more worksheets on the World Wide Web for Memorial Day. (Y, E)
- A fun, online puzzle. (Y, E)
- Lessons and activities at Education World (E, M)
- Apples 4 the Teacher has even more worksheets, coloring pages, and other activities. (Y, E)
- Essential skills for kids to learn about Composting (P-K, Y, E)
- Composting with worms lesson plans from Education World (Y, E, M, H)
- Stop by “How Stuff Works” to see how composting works. (E, M, H)
- Learn “How to Compost with Kids” (Y, E, M)
- Worm and Composting Coloring Pages (Y, E)
Grade Levels Chart
(P-K) Preschool to Kindergarten
(Y) Early Elementary – Kindergarten to 2nd Grade
(E) Elementary – 3rd to 5th grade
(M) Middle – 6th to 8th grade
(H) High – 9th to 12th grade
Although I have visited each website before linking to it, things change all of the time on the wonderful world wide web…I apologize if any links do not work correctly, please leave a comment if you come across one so that I can fix it as soon as possible.