Kindergarten Complete is a literature based, all inclusive curriculum designed to meet the needs and challenge the abilities of kindergartners. The purpose of this book is to help parents have an enjoyable year in effectively teaching their children.
The detailed lesson plans cover all subject areas, (Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Physical Development, Fitness, Fine Arts, Character Development, and Bible) and are created around thematic units. They will guide parents step by step in teaching their child, and will provide documentation for the work during the year. The curriculum incorporates quality children’s books that can be borrowed from the library. Exposing each child to different genres, authors and illustrators will help to instill an excitement about learning to read.
A variety of activities are provided because each child learns in a unique way: some are auditory learners (hearing/speaking), some are visual learners (seeing), and some are tactile learners (hands-on). The lesson plans are designed to keep parents organized, and to simplify the sometimes overwhelming process of homeschooling. The goal of the Kindergarten Complete curriculum is not only to teach facts and figures, but also higher-level thinking and problem solving skills that create a love of learning.
Heading into Kindergarten is an adventure for both your little learner and you! It is an exciting time filled with fun learning activities. Before you head out or start shopping online for curriculum, be sure to check out the amazing free Kindergarten homeschool curriculum options there are available!
These free Kindergarten homeschool curriculum options will make learning fun and educational for your little learners and keep you from breaking your budget.
- Over 3700 printable worksheets from Education.com
- Free lesson plans (Social Studies, Science, Language Arts, & Math) for grades K-5 from Discovery Education
- Kindergarten Mom – Fun, easy to use free printables for all subjects and themes so you’re sure to find
just what you need for your lesson.
- 200+ Kindergarten worksheets and printables from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Easy Peasy – A free all in one online Kindergarten homeschool curriculum
- Ambleside Online – This free online based homeschool curriculum is based on Charlotte Mason. You’ll utilize their book lists to cover history, literature, poetry, geography, and science. The only subjects you’ll need to find elsewhere are math and foreign language.
- Discovery K12– A free, online based, secular homeschool curriculum that integrates STEM and the Arts without the use of any textbooks and requires no lesson planning.
- An Old-Fashioned Education K-12 – The curriculum is organized by grade level and subject. You’ll find lesson plans, online resources and recommendations for additional curriculum options and more on this site.
- CK-12 – Through this site your students can learn Math, Science, Writing, Spelling and much more at their own pace.
- Starfall – There are free lessons for math and reading for your elementary students to use for practice. They do offer a paid version of their site with more resources if you find that this program works well for your kids.
Learn to Read Sites
- Book Adventure
- Reading Bear
- Teach Your Monster to Read
- Progressive Phonics
- Reading the Alphabet from This Reading Mama – this is a Pre-K Reading Curriculum that can be used with younger Kindergartners
- Sight and Sound Reading Curriculum – The Sight and Sound Reading Curriculum follows a 120 day lesson plan. The program includes an app, daily lesson plan emails, a 100+ page workbook and a Facebook group. The Teacher’s Manuals and Workbooks are also available through Amazon if you’d prefer to have them on hand.
- Math Lessons for a Living Education – Download Book 1
- Printable Math Worksheets from Math Salamanders
- Interactive Math Games from Turtle Diary
- Kindergarten Math Games from MathBlaster
- Homeschool Math – Each year is broken down into 36 weeks of lesson plans that feature activities, games, blackline resources, material lists and more.
- AAA Math – There are thousands of free interactive math lessons for your students to use with unlimited practice. The immediate feedback provided helps to build confidence and prevents incorrect learning methods.
- Teach Preschool Science – this program is designed for ages 3 years to Kindergarten.
- Science Coloring Pages from Home Science Tools
*Please note that at the time this post was created all products listed were free. Always check pricing before checking out.*
P.S. Discover more free homeschooling resources here –> Free Preschool Homeschool Curriculum, Free Elementary Homeschool Curriculum, Free Middle School Homeschool Curriculum and Free High School Homeschool Curriculum.
You can find the rest of the homeschool curriculum round up series here.