Discover fun and free March holiday homeschooling resources that everyone in your family is sure to enjoy through March Calendar School.
While the usual theme for the month of March is spring after the long days of winter, there is so much more to learn about in March.
By utilizing free March holiday homeschooling resources you’ll be gifting you and your children the opportunity to learn about things not often found in curricula and taking a break from the norm which is beneficial for everyone.
Through Calendar School, here at Year Round Homeschooling, you’ll find links to free resources for holiday homeschooling each month of the year.
Free March Holiday Homeschooling Resources
National Anthem Day – March 3
On March 3, 1931, The Star-Spangled Banner officially became the National Anthem of the United States of America.
- Star-Spangled Banner Printable Pack – mini-book, copywork, coloring page, notebooking sheet, & National Anthem chart (P-K, Y, E)
- Star-Spangled Banner YouTube Video with Lyrics (P-K, Y, E, M, H)
- A detailed summary of the events that inspired Francis Scott Key to the writing of The Star-Spangled Banner. (E, M, H)
- Star-Spangled Banner worksheet (Y, E)
- Star-Spangled Banner Copywork (Y, E)
Boston Massacre – March 5, 1770
- Facts and Information (E, M)
- Boston Massacre for Kids with Reading Comprehension worksheets (E, M)
- Boston Massacre information with an online quiz (E, M)
- The Boston Massacre: You Be the Judge lesson plan with pdf printables (M, H)
Johnny Appleseed Day – March 11
William Hershel discovered Uranus – March 13, 1781
- Uranus coloring page (P-K, Y, E, M, H)
- Planets for Kids: Uranus – facts and information with a printable pdf (Y, E)
- 10 Need to Know Things About Uranus (E, M, H)
- Planet Uranus: Facts, Moon, & Temperature supplemental lesson (M, H)
- Uranus Unit Study (Y, E, M)
- Uranus Notebooking Pages (P-K, Y, E, M, H)
St. Patrick’s Day – March 17
- St. Patrick’s Day History and Traditions (Y, E, M)
- Crafts, Activities, Printables, Worksheets from DLTK (P-K, Y, E)
- St. Patrick’s Day in the Morning unit from Homeschool Share (Y, E)
- St. Patrick’s Day from the History Channel (Y, E, M, H)
- Printable Preschool Pack with prewriting practice, cutting practice, and more. (P-K)
- St. Patrick’s Day Learning Pack (Y, E, M)
- St. Patrick’s Fun Pack (P-K, Y, E, M)
- St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages (P-K, Y, E)
World Poetry Day – March 21
Vincent Van Gogh’s Birthday – March 30, 1853
- 30 Coloring pages (P-K, Y, E, M, H)
- Word Search worksheet (Y, E, M)
- Art History worksheet (M)
- Van Gogh Art project with printable Artist Card (Y, E, M)
- Starry Night Printable Book & Art (P-K, Y)
First Day of Spring – Date Varies
- First Day of Spring Journal Pages
- Spring Journal
- Spring Fun Pack
- PreK Spring Learning Pack
- Spring Flowers Unit Study
- Spring PreK Learning Pack
- K-2 Spring Fun Pack
- Spring 3rd-5th Fun Pack
- Middle School Spring Fun Pack
- Hello Spring Mazes
- Spring Scavenger Huntsyearroundhomeschooling.com/spring-copywork-featuring-scripture-poetry-and-quotes
- Spring Copywork
- Lego Task Cards for Spring
For more fun March learning activities and homeschool planning resources, check out my March Homeschool Planning Pack.
Grade Levels Chart
(P-K) Preschool to Kindergarten
(Y) Early Elementary – Kindergarten to 2nd Grade
(E) Elementary – 3rd to 5th grade
(M) Middle – 6th to 8th grade
(H) High – 9th to 12th grade
Check out our Free Homeschooling Resources Pinterest board below!
Follow Misty Leask’s board Free Homeschooling Resources on Pinterest.